Everyday faves & new lipstick.

Thursday, January 01, 2015

I was looking through my makeup kit and thought i'd just put together a little blog about the makeup I use everyday. It's really not that much, because I try my best not to wear too much when i'm just around the house and I don't think my skin appreciates having makeup on all the time. But I don't think I can go too wrong with this little selection!

Urban Decay NAKED palettes (1&2)

Seventeen Brow's That! brow kit (this is an oldie.)
Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in 'transparent'.
Max Factor Tonal Black Eye Brightening Mascara (for brown eyes)
Clinique Redness Solutions foundation (in 03 'calming ivory')

Every now and then I might throw in a gel or liquid eyeliner, but for everyday at home in front of the computer I try keep it simple! As i've already done a blog post about the foundation i'll leave that one out of this for now.

Max Factor Eye Brightening Tonal Black Volumising Mascara - for Brown Eyes.
One item I can never stick with is a mascara. I can never seem to find one i'm happy with - until I tried this one from Max Factor. This was is available for green and blue eyes too. This mascara contains light reflective particles, which brightens and enriches your eye colour subtly. I'm not entirely sure how this actually works, but a friend did once comment on how bright my eyes looked (not sure if it was a coincidence or not haha.)

I mainly love how it covers my lashes very evenly and  it doesn't clump. The fact it appears to brighten my eyes is an added bonus.

Seventeen Brow's That! Brow kit.
A few years ago, you couldn't leave the house without mascara. This day and age it seems to be brows that are the big thing - I only made an effort with my brows about 3 years ago. I've always used a pencil and looking back at photographs they just look SO FAKE - actually full on cringe looking back. I made the move over to powdered brows about a year ago and I seriously don't know how I managed beforehand. This kit was my sister's though, so I don't know how much it was - she has a different one that matches her hair colour but I find this one is perfect for me. 

This kit comes with a wax, a powder and a really lovely highlighter for your brow bone. As you can see I only tend to use the powder, unless i'm having a very unruly brow day in which case i'd use the wax first. I love this kit though, use it every single day.

Rimmel Stay Matte long lasting pressed powder - transparent
A shiny face is one of my biggest issues when i'm going out, especially when my skin is prone to redness. I've never used any other transparent powder as I love this one a lot.

The biggest issue I have with this is the packaging! As i'm a wedding photographer, this powder is an absolute life saver for touting up my face when i've been super busy during a wedding, but the plastic lid has a tendency to crack! This then breaks the powder leaving it all over my makeup bag and everything in it. Luckily, when I take it out with me at weddings, I have a small bag separate so my camera and lenses don't get ruined. That's a real shame to be honest, but I do love this powder so i'll always make sure I have some tape handy to fix the lid.   

Naked Palettes by Urban Decay (1&2)
I LOVE THESE PALETTES! I 100% believe you do not need any other palette in the world if you own a Naked Palette. For an everyday look, I always use a combination of both palettes every day. The natural, brighter shades are brilliant for everyday wear, they make my eyes look really pretty and alert, which is great for me because I have quite big bags under my eyes. If i'm looking for a daytime do, like family meal, i'll go for a brown and gold smokey eye, which is quite light. When it's the evening I always go for the silver and black shades from Naked 2 and have a heavier smokey eye look. 

NEW PURCHASE:

Maybelline Colour Sensational Liptstick - 540 'Hollywood Red'
Going to finish this blog off with a new purchase I made recently. I'm a little bit obsessed with pink/red shades - i'm not a fan of 'nude' colours and I think my lips are too thin for deep reds, so having something in the middle is really nice. This is one I picked up the other day and It's amazing! Feels soft on my lips and the colour is super pigmented. Definitely going to have a look at the other Maybelline lipsticks next time I'm in Boots!

- - - - - - 

Is there one thing you can't get ready without? For me, it's definitely eyebrows! Can't go anywhere without having my eyebrows on :)



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love that shade of lipstick, sooo pretty! And I definitely can't go anywhere without my brows done either! I find that is I make sure my brows are done, put on some lipstick and throw my sunglasses on i'm ready to go in minutes! Love your blog girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice, I'll have to post a photo of it on my lips because it looks so pretty.

      Haha sounds like you're all set - and I know, brows are so important nowadays! Love it:) Thank you that's so kind ^__^

      Delete