Home Office Renovation - Coppers & Golds

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Having my own business as a wedding photographer means I get to see loads of beautiful new places and work at the most gorgeous venues. I really am lucky that I can travel and be such a small part of people's big days. But that's only for 12 hours on one day. For the weeks that lead up to the wedding (& more importantly the ones that follow) my home office is where I spend all my time.  

When I moved to Warrington 3 years ago, my business was still very new and I still hadn't quite got a grasp on how I wanted to portray myself. So I basically didn't really do much with my workspace, it was cluttered and cramped, not very inspiring. I worked on a laptop too, so most of the time I ended up sneaking off to the living room to work (because sofas & television). 

Fortunately my business as taken a massive leap forward recently. I've spent years developing my style of photographing & editing so now I feel it's time my workspace reflected more of that, and more of me. So the past few months i've been working on a little renovation of my little work area & i'm so happy it's pretty much finished now. It's less cluttered, more professional and a lot more of an inspiring place to work. 

I have chosen a distinct theme to reflect my whimsical, romantic style of photography. Colours i've chosen are soft pinks, coppers, rose-golds & whites...


DIY COPPER WIRE BOARD
I'm so proud of this little board. I wanted a little space to pin up all my gorgeous couples portraits so I can look up at them when i'm feeling low or down about my business (which is more often than I'd like to admit... self employed people, am I right?!) Whilst scrolling through Pinterest all these beautiful copper wire notice boards came up, but when I actually searched them online they were REALLY EXPENSIVE. Like, £40 for a wire mesh board?! What!

So I decided to make my own AND it only cost me about £18 in total.

I headed over to B&Q and picked up a green wire mesh panel from the garden centre. These are super cheap, I think this was about £9. I then nipped over to Hobbycraft & got some copper spray paint (seriously though, how difficult is it to find copper spray paint?!) then just covered the green mesh with the spray paint. I LOVE IT so much. Add in some gorgeous rose gold bulldog clips from Paperchase & copper wire fairy lights from Primark and it's just PERFECT.




Copper wall clock from New Look - who have a gorgeous range of homeware now?! Who knew!


Oh and this little plant was from New Look, too. 💖


Paperchase, Primark & TKMaxx also do really cute stuff for your home. I'm a tiny bit obsessed with my new journal, which I picked up in TKMaxx. I'm using this journal to jot down personal things about my couples that will help me make their wedding really special. It's a new idea I had to make more of a connection with my gorgeous couples. I love it, obviously. 



These little heart shaped dishes are actually to put dips or snacks in. I got these at a local B&M Home Store and thought they'd be perfect for my pins, clips & memory cards...



So that's it!

I'm so happy with how my workspace looks. I feel like this is somewhere I can go to really focus on my work. Editing on my large Mac screen has made a huge difference to how my work is looking, too.

Let me know if anyone else is self-employed & what you do to try and stay focused in your workspace 💗


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I LOVE your copper wire notice board! I'm going to make one myself too I think!
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete