NYX Liquid Lipsticks: Lingerie & Liquid Suede

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I've recently been introduced to NYX and I think it's pretty safe to say i'm loving them. All the products I currently have of theirs have been amazing… Apart from the contour/highlight wand that snapped off at the base, but i'm not a huge contour-er anyway so it didn't bother me massively.

I decided to give their lipsticks a whirl. I was after some beautiful matte and cream liquid lipsticks in nude/berry tones ready for autumn & winter. 


'LINGERIE' LIQUID LIPSTICKS:
I actually came across their Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks flicking through blogs. I'm kind of like a packaging magpie in the way i'm always drawn to how a product looks before even reading about it… and these are SO esthetically pleasing with their sleek black packaging. I think they also have a 'Kylie Jenner' look about them, which at the moment we all know is quite popular - and at a fraction of the price possibly a rather good dupe. It's a stroke of genius by NYX calling the range lingerie as they are all gorgeous, natural-looking nude shades. The colours all have these sexy/sensual names too, which again I just love.

I picked up three that I thought would suit me the most & that I could see myself wearing a lot. I got two everyday nude shades ('Ruffle Trim' & 'Push-Up') and a gorgeous berry-red toned one ('Exotic').

Ruffle Trim is more of a natural nude colour with some orangey-undertones. Push-Up is much lighter and quite a pinky-toned nude. Exotic is a beautiful, deep berry-toned red which is going to be perfect for autumn and winter!


I found these went on really smoothly, they feel quite creamy as they go on and it makes application so easy. They then dry to a matte pretty quickly, which is good. I don't find them at all sticky and they stayed on pretty well. Of course when you have food or a hot drink they transfer off, but the colour still stays pretty well regardless. I'm super impressed and love each of them! (As you can see i'm not the best at swatches… Sorry!)

'LIQUID SUEDE' LIQUID LIPSTICKS:
First time I saw the liquid suede lipstick was on Zoella's Nude Summer Makeup Look tutorial and very quickly became obsessed with this shade. I was also after something a little more 'mauve' toned for a change. After having a little look through the NYX counter at my local Boots I found the shades 'Sandstorm'  & 'Soft Spoken'. 

Sandstorm is a beautiful, dark nude shade, very similar to Lingerie's Push-Up but a little darker toned once on. I love wearing this as an everyday shade.

I bought Soft Spoken as I was after something nude but with a pink/mauve hint for a change, as I have a lot of regular nude shades. I think in certain light it has more brown in it than pinks when it's on your lips, but it's still a very lovely colour.

The Liquid Suedes go on very similarly to the Lingerie lipsticks but instead of drying completely matte they have a bit of creaminess to them, which is ideal for everyday in my opinion.

Overall i'm super happy with these lipsticks. I've never bought matte shades before as my lips do tend to get quite dry but these felt amazing on. Of course once I had drank and had some food they did crack but that's going to happen! I didn't find that i had to top up constantly, just after I had eaten lunch topped up to cover the cracking but the colour lasted very well with both the Lingerie & Liquid Suede.

If you're not familiar with NYX as a brand I would 100% recommend their liquid lipsticks. I'm struggling to find any faults with them and can't wait to try some more shades.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Beautiful pictures, really want to try all of these. I have a lipstick suede in my make-up bag, but i'm yet to try it! Love NYX products though, great post!

    Jess xo

    Jessica Ann ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soft Spoken is my favorite color! I still haven't picked up any of the Lingerie lippies, but I definitely need to.

    Rae // http://www.raechic.com

    ReplyDelete