Best ever Primark purchases

Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Primark is always a shop that divides opinions. You either love it or hate it. I personally have a love/hate relationship with the place. Sometimes it has loads of stuff and you're spoilt for choice, other times you have to really search for just one item. I don't particularly like shopping when sales are on and sometimes Primark feels like one big sale. AND when you do finally find something, you only own it for about 6 months because the quality is poor. 

WELL. This all changed for me one very, very, very wet December day in Manchester! 

To cut what was a very long and soggy story short, we went to the Christmas Markets - I walked from Oxford Road to meet my family at Piccadilly in the worst rain i've ever been in! My coat was soaked, the water had come straight through the coat and onto my clothes. My boots… well they were ruined too. I had to bin the coat there and then, but needed something to replace it - and the closest place we could think of was Primark.

THE COAT:

I didn't have high hopes, I wasn't going in there expecting anything amazing - at that time I just needed one to keep me dry and warm! 

That's when I found this coat. It is - hands down - the best coat I have ever owned. Bare in mind this coat is about 4 years old, I still own it and wear it all the time. This coat is a size 14 and I'm a size 10-12. You wouldn't even know (one of the annoying things about high street is the way the sizes changes so drastically from shop to shop) Had to keep in mind i'd usually be wearing a jumper under this coat, so the size 14 is perfect for that without looking huge.
What I love about this coat: It's extremely heavy to hold, but when you wear the coat it doesn't feel heavy, just makes you feel cosy & warm. The size being "too big" ensures a comfy fit, I can move my arms really freely but doesn't drown me. It has a belt, though I don't fasten it as a belt, I just tie it in a loose knot. Rain doesn't seem to penetrate the coat, which is surprising because when you feel the coat you'd expect it to soak in. It also looks really smart, nice for special occasions :)

BOOTS:

I also had to buy new boots. These were really cheap so I thought well least they'll last the day. I still wear these in bad weather today - they keep my feet dry and warm , they still haven't leaked and they look great with everything I wear! 

What I love about the boots: They are lace up so you're guaranteed to be a comfy fit, which comes in handy when you're walking a lot. They also have a buckle that fastens across the top, meaning the fluffy tongue of the shoe can fold down nicely :) They also appear to be rather waterproof, as i've had no issues with wet feet in the last 4 years wearing them. Lastly, they have barely scuffed and no holes have appeared in the little seam between the sole and the shoe itself - no leaks!

- - - 

Safe to say, these are the best purchases I have ever owned from Primark! I think it just goes to show that some of their items are actually very good quality, as I can't knock these two items. Owning them both for 4 years and still wearing them pretty much says it all. Sadly, I can't remember what I paid for these two, but I can assure you it didn't break the bank! 


Has anyone else got any amazing Primark purchases? 


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ahhh those boots are gorgeous! They look really warm. I need to get used to walking in flats so I can have a cute pair like this! I love Primark, can't wait to go after pay day. Loving your blog! Frankie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frankie, they really are super comfy - for Primark shoes to last this long is pretty cool haha! Oo I hope you do a Primark haul blog ^__^ x

      Delete