My Hair Evolution

Monday, January 19, 2015



Hello Blogger friends!
I hope you're prepared to see some pretty interesting hairstyles!

Firstly:
Thank you so much to Char for the inspiration to post this.
I loved her hair timeline, so wanted to create my own.
Please make sure you go take a look at Char's hair history post, too :)

This evolution takes you through the journey my hair seems to have taken
since 2004, when I was just 13/14 years old.

2004:
^ Just before I began my hair dying years. This is just natural hair
(and eyebrows - Eep!) 

2005:
^ Decided to get my hair into a bob and a fringe that covered my eyes.
(This was an MSN pic - LOL the cringe)

Spring 2006:
^ Black hair, choppy layers and a very badly cut fringe.
(Not really a fringe as much as just my hair growing forwards.)
Oh - I cut the said "fringe" myself - BAD IDEA lol.

Summer 2006:
^ Left school and added a touch of green to my deliberately wonky fringe. Lovely!
(Why did I ever think completely blowing out my face looked good?)

2007:
^ Decided to grow the black hair dye out and eventually the length!

2008:
^ Back to natural hair colour here..
Still a big fan of the fringe, just had it cut straighter and shorter so I could actually SEE where I was going, haha.

2009:
^ Ahh, the red phase! Remember it taking me forever to get it to the actual red colour I wanted. Also towards the end of 2009 started growing out the fringe. 

2010:
^ Naturally, a year later I was bored of the red and decided to grow it out
- This stage wasn't a great one - red dip dye anyone?!

2011:
^ Once most of the brown was back, I took the plunge and got ANOTHER bob
- purely just to cut out all the red that was left.
A lot of my friends and family like my hair this way, but  I couldn't wait to get some length back!

Early 2012:
^ To help me out a little between having short and longer, I decided to buy some hair extensions. Was so happy to have some length back, but only wore these things for special occasions as my patience was quite limited haha.

Spring 2012:
^ I got the length back here. And it's back to it's natural brown colour.

Summer 2012:
^ OF course it wasn't going to stay brown for long - haha!
Here's when I got it lightened at the ends. 

2013:
^ Amazingly, I kept this blonde for a long time, just gradually letting my hair grow 
and added some more colour. I was so happy with the length of it at this point, too.
… Oh yeah, had a go at dying the blonde bits pink
- was only a wash-in-wash-out thingy though.

Winter 2013:
^ A week before we were due to go on our Australian holiday,
I had decided to get it chopped.
The condition was really poor by now and I figured the hot Aussy sun would 
only make it worse!
(This is me and my boyfriend, Nathan, btw!)

2014:
^ Nothing too exciting in 2014, just growing my brown hair back
to a nice longer length :) 

2015:
^ So we finally arrive at my current day hair!
It's back to brown, but i've had some highlights through it towards the ends.
They're not mega noticeable but I still really like how subtle it is!

- - - - - - - - 

PHEW. That's a LOT of hair to go through, haha. 
I hope i'm not the only one to change their hairstyle every single year?! 


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I loveee hair timelines! I remember the MSN/MySpace days all too well (my hair was every colour from green to pink to blue and then eventually fell out) and we had very similar MSN pics! Great post :) Frankie x www.londonlipstick.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! Haha I miss the MSN/Myspace days. Have you done a post like this? If you have (or do in the future) send me a link, I love looking through these things :D!! x

      Delete
  2. Omy! The green fringe :D! Youve had so many changes, i really like the red phase looks great!
    Your hair has grown loads too, amazing.... thankyou for this post

    ReplyDelete