Revamping the dressing room

Thursday, January 01, 2015

HAPPY 2015! I hope everyone enjoyed their celebrations!

My sister and I decided one day that seeing as we share each others clothes and makeup all the time that it would be a good idea to turn the spare room in the house into a dressing room! This way we could pool all our 'going out' and casual day clothes, makeup and hair stuff all together in one place. To be honest, I think it's the best idea we have ever had!

Since moving to our new house in April we haven't given the room much thought - by that I mean we concentrated on getting our bedrooms sorted and cosy first before we did anything to that room. So basically it got left to just 'be'. The other day after looking at all the new makeup and things we have bought over Christmas, plus the addition of the new up-cycled jars for my brushes, my sister had an idea to add some new furnishings to the room and basically spruce the place up a bit.

This meant a little trip to Ikea - and after what felt like HOURS walking round the place (was really only 1 hour, but we got so excited and cut through the section we needed, so had to come back round on ourselves!) we finally came out with a Billy bookcase and a new chair! 

^ We already had blue curtains and a green rug,
so we wanted to inject a bit of turquoise to match the existing themes.
 ^ Having a new shelving unit will help keep the makeup table empty and cleaner. 
^ Giving ourselves a shelf each to keep our things organised.
 ^ The absolute/simple joys of a new chair! :D
^ Organising our hair things on top of the shelves, again freeing up room on the desk.
What do you think? I absolutely love it :) The real task now - keep it tidy!


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I love it!
    Happy new year ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Minnie!! Happy new year :) <3

      Delete
  2. Cute lil' room you got! I'm actually organizing my room right now! (And procrastinating by being on the Internet right now, oh dear.) Seeing this post must be a sign to get back to work, haha. Thank you! And cute photos!

    http://littlegrimoire.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cassandra! It's only small but we made the most of the space :) Haha, I'm glad it motivated you back into organizing your room! I'm the worst for getting side tracked with the internet when I should be busy doing something else! ^__^

      Delete