My Current Skin Care Regime

Wednesday, January 21, 2015


Hello my beautiful fellow Blogees! 

Thought I would dedicate this post to all things face and what I use when i'm cleaning, cleansing and prepping my skin. This is something that tends to change quite regularly because i'm yet to discover a perfect regime for my skin type. 

I have such a love/hate relationship with my skin. It tends to get dry rough patches and I also suffer with redness on my cheeks, chin and nose. Though i'm really fortunate that i've never had any issues with spots even when I was a teenager (when I do get them, it's one or two big ones, but I consider myself extremely lucky that outbreaks weren't an issue.)

EXFOLIATION REGIME:
My skin, just like me, is very sensitive. It doesn't take much to irritate it. I luckily don't suffer with spots, but dry, rough patches is a problem. The best face wash/exfoliator i'm currently using is Clean & Clear Morning Energy Skin Energising Daily Facial Scrub. I've used a few others and found that they only made my face feel worse (including one from Soap and Glory, which gave me a rather ugly, bumpy rash.) so to find one that works is amazing.
I love this stuff. It's really gentle, which for someone who suffers blotchy red skin it's really good. Afterwards my face feels SO soft and really smooth. It smells amazing too and in the morning the fresh scent really wakes you up.  It says it's so gentle you can use it everyday, but I stick to once every 2 days because my skin is so sensitive! 

Price: £2.39 from Boots but is also available in supermarkets.

REDNESS SOLUTIONS REGIME
This is a long description, apologies!

Clinique supply an amazing line of Redness Solutions products. (View the blog that includes their Redness Solutions Foundation I did in December.)

What you can see here: Daily Relief Cream, Soothing Cleanser & Mild Clarifying Lotion (which actually isn't part of the Redness Solutions range, I was conned into buying this item.)

I didn't go into Debenhams that day expecting to come out with 5 products (these three, my foundation and the Protective Base - the only two things I actually had in mind). Now, I know it's their job to make you buy as much as possible... and to an extent I fell for it. It cost me a LOT of money. There was probably no reason for me to have all these and for about 6 months I didn't bother using them, especially the clarifying lotion as it wasn't anything to do with combating redness. It was only a few months ago when I decided to start using them as a regime. 

I wish I had just given it more of a chance to begin with.

The Daily Relief Cream helps sooth my cheeks when they flair up. My skin might not particularly sore, but it can feel hot and this helps calm and sooth. I use this twice a day. (Price: £39.00 for 50ml from Debenhams)

The Soothing Cleanser is great in the morning and at night - once i've removed my make-up I gently lather this up and wash my face. It helps remove any left over makeup and keeps my redness down.  (Price: £18.00 for 150ml from Debenhams)

The Mild Clarifying Lotion is the final step in the mornings. Simply just sweep it across my face with cotton wool after cleansing. I particularly use this on the dry patches that randomly show up on my face, especially round my nose. (Price: £16.50 for 200ml from Debenhams)

In all. This range is great but it's expensive, so if you're serious about sticking to this regime you have to be willing to part with a large amount of money! 


MOISTURISER
Now, I couldn't take a photo of this because i've just realised i've ran out, so this stock image is from Boots! This is Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturiser. Clean & Clear are so amazing.
As far as moisturisers go, this dual action one is definitely one of the best i've used in a long time. You literally only need a pea sized amount on your skin, so the tube will last you at least 2 months (unless like me you share with your sister haha.) 

I just love how smooth and soft my skin feels! It really helps tackle the nasty blemishes on my skin and if you're prone to spot break outs this will clear it right up. Makeup easily glides on my skin after i've used this. 

Now, I don't have issues with spots, but unfortunately my sister does - when she uses this moisturiser she doesn't have ANY problems with bad break outs. The only time she gets bad spot breakouts is when we have run out and can't get any for like a week. Seriously such an amazing moisturiser, can't recommend this enough! 

Price: £2.98 from Boots. 


What are your favourites? Do you use any of these i've listed - if you do, what do you think?  

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I used to use the Morning Energy moisturiser and it smells amazing! xx

    KirstyLeighx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I nominated you for a liebster award :)
    Can't wait to read your responses!
    Danni xx

    ReplyDelete