New Purchases: Lush Lip Scrub & Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015



Hello blogger friends!
At the weekend I bought two new products and wanted to do a little blog post about them. As you can see i've not gone crazy but I definitely felt like talking about these little finds!


Lush 'Mint Julips' Lip Scrub

One of my first posts I did on this blog was a Wishlist on the top beauty things I wanted. One of them was a lip exfoliator as I saw it on This Morning and thought it looked amazing - especially when my lips are always cracked and messy. Came across this lovely little find in Lush!

They have about 4 other flavours of this lip scrub (my sister got the pink bubblegum one and it has hundreds and thousands in it!!) but as i'm a sucker for mint I chose this one. It says mint chocolate but I can't really taste or smell any chocolate.

Basically this little scrub is castor sugar with a gorgeous peppermint flavour, which helps battle the dry skin on your lips while leaving a fresh peppermint taste. All you need to do is apply it twice a day for super smooth result.

Oh my! This stuff is the BEST. I've only been using it for a couple of days and already my lips feel SO smooth. I can really see a difference now when i'm applying my lipstick as it just glides on and doesn't get stuck in them little cracks. LOVE this product. <3 


Maybelline Lash Sensational Lash Multiplying Mascara.

I went into Boots to pick up some more of my Max Factor Eye Brightening Mascara and was horrified to find that it was no longer on the shelves :( I'm not sure if they have stopped doing it altogether - it looks like it has because there was no trace of it being there. I'm pretty gutted because it's my favourite one so need to start looking for a brand new mascara. 

That's when I came across this one - Maybelline Lash Sensational Lash Multiplying Mascara. This cute looking mascara claims to make your lashes look layered. The brush itself has the normal sized bristles that curve into smaller bristles to grab those bottom and inner corners. 

The mascara is definitely growing on me - i'm not 100% sold yet. My lashes don't tend to curl and even though the brush is curved they still just stick out straight… though there's a tiny curve upwards, which is an improvement. (Maybe I just need to keep applying every day and train them to curl?) It's a little clumpy in places too but overall it's a good mascara! 



You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Gorgeous! I really love the sounds of the lip scrub! I already have the bubblegum one. The Mascara looks great! x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bubblegum one looks so cute! The Mint was is so fresh and tastes so good haha.
      The mascara is definitely a grower for me, gonna give it time :) x

      Delete
  2. I have nominated you for a Liebster Award :) Check out my blog for details! Bobby-Pressed Powder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I've nominated you for the Liebster Award go to my blog to get the details!
    Love your blog by the way!
    Shannon x
    thatdeergirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete