Summer Face & Makeup

Tuesday, April 21, 2015



How lovely has the weather been recently? Well it has in the North West anyway :) It's not quite summer yet but i'm really feeling some summery vibes when the suns shining.

Basically today I just wanted to share my makeup and hairstyle I wore yesterday as I feel ready for summery makeup and hair. Farewell winter!  

My makeup is really light as my face tends to get too hot when the weather picks up. If the makeup i'm wearing is too heavy it'll just melt off my face, no matter what kinds of primer or setter I use.

The hairstyle was simply because it's Game of Thrones night and I wanted to try something GoT themed :) Plus it's great to keep the long bits of my hair off my face while still having my hair down. (not gonna lie, this was the first attempt at this hairstyle and it took me about 6-7 tries to get the braids to sit properly, haha)

FACE & LIPS:
• Nivea rich moisturising day cream (for dry/sensitive skin, love this!)
• Clinique Redness solutions foundation - applied really thinly and lightly!
• Naked 3 palette - 'Limit' over lid and 'Burnout' on outer lid.
• Naked 3 palette - 'Nooner' in crease. 
• Brows That! Brow kit - lightly applied, as I usually go darker and heavier when my eyes are darker.
• Collection Intense Colour Supersoft Kohl Pencil (brown)
• Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara.
• Sleek Face Contour Kit - just the pink blush on my cheeks and highlighter under eyes & brow bone.
• Maybelline Colour Sensational Liptstick - 540 'Hollywood Red'.
• Rimmel Stay Matte powder in '001 Transparent' to rid the shine.

BRUSHES USED:
• Real Techniques Expert Face brush for foundation. 
• Bobbi Brown 'eye definer' for eyebrow wax.
• Real Techniques Brow Brush for eyebrow powder.
• Naked 3 brush for eyeshadow.
• Bobbi Brown Eye Blender brush. 
• Eco Tools Full Powder brush for blush & highlighter on my cheeks.
• Models Own shading brush for applying highlighter on brow bone.
• Barbara Daly fluffy brush to apply the Stay Matte powder all over the shiny places.

HAIRSTYLE:


Now, i realise this would probably work a lot easier if it had photos to go with each step, but I forgot to document it as I did it because it took so long! Hopefully you can still do it with just the steps :) 

1. After applying a heat protecter (I use V05 heat protect styling stray) I used my BaByliss curling iron to loosely curl my hair. 

2. Starting on the left side, I began a dutch (outy) braid coming down my head, once I reached just behind my ear I stopped bringing in pieces of hair and just continued to plait the hair right down as far as possible then tie it with a bobble. 

3. Start pulling the pieces of hair out of the braid to flatten (or 'pancake' as they say over at CGH) This gives the illusion of a bigger, flatter braid and looks so pretty. Repeat this on the right side.
Here's a really quick example of what I mean:

4. Next I just pull the braid back across the back of my head until it reacher far enough on the other side and pin it. Then take the other side and bring that across - either over the top or under the first braid. 

5. Once you've got it the way you want, tuck in the end pieces of hair so you can't see the ends and pin everything securely, making sure you try and hide the pins as you go. For mine I liked the curly bits at the end of the braid so I made sure they were sticking downwards so I could see the bobbles.

6. When it's all secured, remove the hair bobbles and unplait the bottom section to loosen the hair.

7. Fix it all in place with hairspray. If you want some little curly bits on the front, I would use a comb to gently pull down some little wispy bits of hair. Luckily for me these fell down naturally because they were too small to braid up!

Let me know what you think of both of these :)


You Might Also Like

1 comments