Photography Wishlist!

Saturday, April 04, 2015


Hey Blogger Friends.

For April's wish list, I wanted to do something more photography related! 

As a photographer i'm constantly looking at ways to improve my skills. The other thing that comes with improving skills is updating my kit. Lately i've had my eyes on these gorgeous bits of kit and stuff, so wanted to share it on here.

1. Canon 5D MKiii body
About this time last year I upgraded from a crop-sensor to a full frame camera - my Canon 5D. I can't explain to you how much this camera body has changed my entire approach to my work. I feel so much more in control of my work and style just by using this camera. Now that i've used my 5D, I feel the need to upgrade to a 5D Mark 3 (MKiii) and have my 5D as my backup/2nd. Gonna start saving!

2. Canon EF 85 f/1.2L II & Canon 35mm f/1.4 L Lenses
I totally fell in love with my 50mm prime and after shooting most my portrait session with it I feel like I need a couple of others. The bokeh on these is so lush. #NeedsImeeds

3. DSLR Wrist strap - from CraftyStaci on Etsy
Not a fan of the neck straps. If i've learned anything in the past year, it's that if I wanna make sure I don't miss a single thing it's to keep the camera in my hand at all times. I tend to wrap the neck strap round my wrist to keep it there, but this can be so bulky. I came across these gorgeous wrist straps recently. It'll help keep the camera in my hand so i'm always ready to capture shots, plus they look so feminine, which is difficult in such a male-dominated industry. 

4. VSCO Film 
I'm not sure if you've known this but I always use my VSCO film set in photoshoot to edit my work. For those who don't know, VSCO (Visual Supply co.) offer a massive range of presets to use in PS or Lightroom to give your image a processed film look. You can tweak them to how you want. They're pretty darn expensive though (I think this is to make sure it's only available to serious photographers) I'd really like the new pack though. Soon.

5. Jo Totes "Gracie" bag in Black (from CosyCameras)
I already own a Betsy camera bag from Jo Totes (view the blog here) and I absolutely LOVE it. LOVELOVELOVE. If I wanna upgrade my 5d to the MKiii i'll need a new ba and I currently have my eye on this gorgeous Gracie bag. Please go check out Jo Totes if you're a female photographer. They are amazing quality and super feminine. <3 I got mine from CosyCameras (link above) as they deliver in the UK.


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Nice wishlist. I also prefer a wrist strap over a neck one.

    www.girlcandress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I want to say goodbye to neck pains caused my heavy camera round my neck.

      Delete
  2. The need for bokeh is real. This is a great wish list! I don't know what I had never thought about getting a wrist strap for my camera, but now that I think about it it seems like it'd be infinitely less annoying than a neck strap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I can't tell you how many times I swoon a pretty bokeh haha.
      I know, I saw another photographer using them and I was like :O I need one of them wristlets! :) x

      Delete