My Favourite iPhone Apps

Thursday, April 09, 2015


Hello Blogger Friends!

Please tell me i'm not the only one who has a morning phone-checking regime? I hope not :') Well I was thinking about it the other day and it's always the same set of Apps I use on a daily basis. So I thought i'd share them here and share some of my favourite apps. 

I'm obviously not including things like Facebook/Twitter/WhatsApp etc as we all know about those already… I think i'm mainly talking about photo editing apps and stuff like that. 

• INSTAGRAM
I know I said I wasn't going to talk about the obvious ones, but Instagram is such a handy little app and a favourite of mine. I love sharing photos on Instagram and I especially enjoy using it for my business Instgram account - feel like i'm reaching a completely different audience there. Though I tend not to use the filters as much anymore, I use other apps then upload them here (but more on that later…)

• TIME HOP
If you love reminiscing about the days of yore, this is the app you need. This fun little app generates what you posted on various social network platforms the same date but 1/2/3/4/5 etc years ago (if you posted something, that is..) It's so much fun and I especially enjoy seeing how dramatic I was over certain life events… though mine has a lot to do with my cats :)

• YOUTUBE
Again, another obvious app that pretty much everyone has, but I can't tell you how much I love YouTube. I love watching vlogs, recipes, hairstyle and makeup tutorials, discovering new talent… It sounds ridiculous but these are the kinds of videos I love to watch when i'm having a particularly stressful or bad day. I think it gives so many people a voice when they didn't feel like they had one.

• VSCO CAM
As a VSCO film user, I can't tell you how great it is having an app version. I feel the filters from Instagram are a little old now and sometimes it's just too much. With VSCO you replicate real-life film affects with the overlays. You can edit much more exact on VSCO with it's more refined editing tools, too. A personal favourite of mine.

• MEXTURES
This is something I've only recently discovered and it's become my new favourite app next to VSCO Cam. There's a list of grunge and film textures, overlays, light leaks, gritty grain… lots of lovely things to make your images look quite authentically film-like. Once you've chosen your Texture you can adjust and tweak to make it your own. You can also choose from a ready-made Formula too if you want!

• SQUAREADY
A great app for image layout. I always upload my images into this app for Instagram when I don't want them cropped into a little square. It's as straight forward as that, really. You can also add coloured or blurred backgrounds if you wish, but I tend to stick with plain white. 

• DIPTIC
This is the little app I use to make photo collages. You can change the spaces, the border size/colours… lots of cool things. Though me being boring I only ever use it to make clean crisp collages of things!! :)


That's about it on my current favourite apps! If you have any others you love to use, leave them in a comment and I might give them a go :)



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi Rachel!

    Nice article. Just to let you know: every friday I share some TOPREADS (links) on my blog Yellow Me in the category Fri-A-Way. Your article is in it. I loved it and my readers will probably do!

    Have a beautiful weekend!

    Greetz,
    Elke

    ReplyDelete