Why I LOVE Mondays

Monday, March 09, 2015



Every Monday morning, Facebook is filled with people moaning and crying over having to start a brand new working week. I can't help but feel a little elated when I see these posts - especially when i've had a busy weekend photographing couples, families or weddings. 

I can happily say, I love Mondays! 

Mondays signify the end of a busy weekend and the start of a fantastic week of editing and promoting.
Mondays are the day that I realise my business is progressing and all the hard work i've put in is paying off.
Mondays are when I can actually feel proud of myself.  

Owning your own business and being self-employed can be so hard at times, especially over the more quieter months when you're basically spend all your free time promoting and trying to get bookings. Once those bookings come in and i'm super busy, it's such an amazing feeling. I love being busy with my business.

Most shoots take place over the weekend, which means the following week is me editing the photographs. (I try not to edit them straight away, I always find giving myself a day not looking at the photos on a screen really helps the editing stage go smoother. Don't ask why, it seems crazy logic but it works, haha.) 

This weekend I did an engagement photo shoot at Delamere Forest, Cheshire. The couple's wedding is in September and i'm currently running an engagement shoot offer, where if you pay for an hour engagement session you get that money off your wedding booking! I find these shoots really help the couple understand my way of working and basically get used to being in front of the camera. That way, when the big day comes, they know exactly how I work. I find this really helps people who aren't a massive fan of being photographed :) 

The shoot was AMAZING. I love this couple so much and now I can't WAIT until their big day in September. Here is one of my absolute favourites I took on Saturday. :)



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love reading lifestyle posts like this! They always make me feel uplifted and positive!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you, i'm so pleased it made you feel good :) xx

    ReplyDelete