Makeup, brush & skin care mini haul.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Hello blogger friends.
Today i'm doing a little blog about the things i've bought or received over Christmas -
mainly makeup and skin care bits and bobs :) 


As you'll know from one of my wish-list posts, i've been lusting after some Real Techniques Bold Metals brushes for some time. I'm such a huge fan of their original collection, too. Well, I must've been very good this year as my amazing sister got me a set of both for Christmas! In fact, I loved them so much I popped out to Boots and picked up the triangle foundation brush to add to the collection.


Bold Metals:
• 300 Tapered Blush.
• 103 Angled Powder. 
• 200 Oval Shadow.
• 101 Triangle Foundation.

Original Collection:
• Sculpting Brush.
• Fan Brush.
• Setting Brush.

I've recently just got into the swing of things when it comes to contouring/highlighting so the original collection especially will come in handy for that. The Bold Metals feel incredible in your hand. Obviously they're aimed at a more 'professional' level for M.u.A's but they are amazing if you want to apply your makeup properly. I love how perfectly weighted they are and they way they sit in your hand. (plus they're so shiny! I swear I was a magpie in a past life.)

While I was browsing Boots I also picked up a Maybelline Matte Maker powder in 'nude beige'.


In my last post I chatted about my new beautiful Charlotte Tilbury Magic foundation and that I feel I picked up a shade that's just a tad too dark. I've found that after applying some of this in a lighter beige helps to bring it down just slightly to match my natural skin colour. Plus it helps keep shine away. 

Now i've always found my skin to be a tricky one. I'm lucky in one way as I very rarely get spots, maybe I get one or two every now and then. However, i'm prone to getting very dry patches on my cheeks as well as the rosacea/pinkness. Recently i've been trying to sort out my skin by drinking loads more water. I never drink water during the day, so i'm now on 2 full glasses a day and trying to increase +1 glass each week… though it's not going so well haha!!

I decided to change up my routine so I purchased some Botanics products:


• Botanics 'All Bright' Purifying Face Scrub.
• Botanics 'All Bright' Hydrating Night Cream.

I absolutely love the look of the face scrub and it smells divine. It contains "refining walnut shells" that buff away flaky, dry skin while the crushed apricot seeds sweep anyway any impurities. It also contains hibiscus, which naturally brightens the skin. 

The night cream is something new i'm trying out. It also contains the skin brightening hibiscus and works overnight to boost moisture levels and leaving the skin nourished ready for the day's elements.


I'm excited to use both of them, so once I do i'll post a full review on each.

Lastly, I grabbed a 7th Heaven Peel-Off masque. Peel off masques are SO appealing to me because quite frankly I can't be bothered with the thick, messy clay masks you have to wash off.

I particularly like using these when my skins feeling a bit 'grubby' - usually after a long week of wearing full makeup everyday. The cucumber feels tingly/cooling on your skin and is very gentle. Sometimes I love putting these on after a hot bath when just chilling in the evenings.


Can't wait to try them all out!


You Might Also Like

0 comments