Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation - First Impressions

Tuesday, December 15, 2015


In past blogs i've mentioned that the only foundation I can rely on is Clinique's redness solutions foundation. The skin on my face goes so pink whenever I'm in a warm place or have a sip of alcohol (I can literally take one tiny sip of wine and my face goes SO red, I look like i've been drinking all day!) It's so embarrassing. The redness solutions has treated me well this year, but with it being the only one I use I felt I wanted  to try something different.  I did LOOOOADS of research on foundation specifically to cover rosacea, I finally came across Charlotte Tilbury's Magic Foundation. I've seen many bloggers rave about CT's other makeup (we all know about Zoella's love for her Glastonberry lipstick) but not much on the Magic foundation! So I just jumped in and bought it. Eeep! 

I don't mind splashing out a little when it comes to a good foundation, so the price didn't really upset me (I already pay £25 for my Clinique so an extra £4 something is fine.)

THE PURCHASE:
One of the things I hate doing is buying makeup online, especially foundation. I like being able to try different shades on my hand and making sure i'm buying the correct one. Fortunately, the Charlotte Tilbury website has a handy 'foundation finder' you can go through to help you find your perfect shade. I think I still managed to get a shade that's *slightly* too dark, but it seemed ok once on my skin (I think!) Here's what it looks like:


I'm absolutely made up with the way the product is delivered. I mean just LOOK how adorable this little box is! It comes with 3 free shades of the foundation, which I found great to check I definitely made the correct choice. Not sure if this is something they always do, but I also got 3 free samples of other products - nice touch.



FIRST IMPRESSIONS:
The shade I got was #5, which as I said I think might be a tad darker than I'd normally choose. The consistency of this foundation is quite thick, which is to be expected seeing as it's a full coverage foundation (I like to build up more on my cheeks as they get the most flushed.)




I'm not sure if I like applying it with my Expert Face brush, so I might look into purchasing a different foundation brush, maybe even the Real Techniques 101 Triangle Foundation brush…?) But that's personal preference! Also, I kinda have a small issue with the scent - it's kinda like a biscuity smell, reminds me of false tan. Though I have sensitive skin so anything too perfumed would be a no-go anyway. 

However, I do love how it feels, like I said it can feel thick but doesn't feel cakey, which is great as some full coverage foundations can feel cakey. Once it's on my face and settled it feels quite lightweight and comfortable. The biggest thing for me is that it covers the red marks and my skin looks really smoothed out and even. 

OVERALL IMPRESSION:
I have to say, i'm pretty impressed. I love how it feels and looks on my skin, it covers the redness smoothly and doesn't look cakey. It can transfer off a little but I'm thinking once I get the hand of applying it properly with a different brush i'll get the hang of it. 


- - - - 


Here's couple of quick phone selfies after i've applied (will take another one on my DSLR when i've got more natural light to work with.) -- I think my skin looks really smooth and feels amazing. I'll also post a before and after at some point, probably be a separate blog once i've done all my prep before applying. 



Hope this helps anyone looking at this Magic foundation. I'd 100% recommend :)




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I adore this foundation to bits! Charlotte Tilbury has been an all time favourite brand of mine for a while now, and this product is so impressive. It looks gorgeous on you <3 I love how its like a second skin rather than a cakey layer that looks super fake. Love the Foundation finder, it was super helpful when looking for my perfect shade. As for the brushes, I always use Real Techniques and all their brushes work brilliantly for me! Great post Rachel :D

    Love from asocalledbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! Yes I absolutely love it now i'm used to how to apply it. It really does feel like a second skin, very lightweight considering its full coverage:)
      Glad you enjoyed the post!! :):) xx

      Delete