My daytime makeup (mini Boots haul)

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Hey everybody :)

Recently I went on a little Boots spree to find some makeup that was more suitable for day wear. Whenever a couple come for a wedding consultation or if i'm meeting up with a family to discuss photography plans, I usually try to wear makeup to cover my bad skin. My Charlotte Tilbury one is great for evening wear but i'm finding it a little too heavy for every day wear. My skin just can't cope with wearing it for several days on the run. I also wanted to buy a nude lipstick for every day wear, which is so unusual for me. 

Here's my everyday makeup look:

(Please ignore my 2nd-day hair, it's also in need of a cut and style!)

& here are the new products I used:

^ Olay Double Action Sensitive Day Cream & Primer 
One thing I was in desperate need of was a good primer that also doubled up as a day cream. I LOVE this cream. It feels so light on my skin and once it's settled into the skin leaves my face feeling like silk. Foundation just glides onto my skin, so perfect. Would highly recommend this to anyone with dry/patchy/sensitive skin. 

 ^ Rimmel Match Perfection foundation (100 Ivory)
My Charlotte Tilbury makeup is amazing for evening wear but just far too much for day time. I've seen lots of good reviews on this so gave it a go. I really like how this feels, it's super light on my skin and doesn't feel cakey whatsoever. It's a light/medium coverage and is definitely buildable over my red skin. I got this in a lighter shade than I usually do but find it really matches well.

Another item I purchased to go with this was the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, which I find amazing for applying my makeup! (I didn't photograph it as i've already used it and it doesn't look very appealing now. I'm pretty sure everyone knows how to use it by now, i'm just very late on the sponge train!)

^ Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick (Coffee Craze)
Maybelline lipsticks are one of my absolute favourites but i've actively avoided nude shades for a long time now. I just don't enjoy the 'corpse lips' look they give me, but i'm trying to embrace new things recently so gave it a go. I'm so glad I did now because I love it! This shade is called Coffee Craze so it's quite a dark-nude instead of a pale pink nude (which I don't like on me at all!) Also this lipstick smells AMAZING haha I don't know why that would be important but it's lovely.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Have you tried the Beauty Blender?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, no I haven't but I have heard a lot of great things about it! I may even purchase it next as my RT sponge is already ripping after one use :(

    ReplyDelete