Christmas Goodies!

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Merry Christmas! I hope anyone who reads this enjoyed their holidays :)

One of my absolute favourite things to do after christmas is go shopping with my vouchers. It seems like an absolutely crazy thing to like to do but there didn't seem to be as many people around, which is surprising for 2 days after Christmas day.

This year I got Boots and Debenhams vouchers. I really love Boots, it is my favourite place to get my makeup from. I very rarely go anywhere else for my makeup needs. I asked for Debenhams as I get my foundation from the Clinique counter there, but that's the only place different for makeup for me!

Here are the three main items I bought:

  • Clinique Redness Solutions foundation - £24.50 (Clinique counter at Debenhams)
  • Sleek Face Form - Contour & blush kit - £9.99 (Boots)
  • Real Technique expert face brush - £9.99 (Boots)

^ Clinique Redness Solutions Foundation:

I have always had issues finding a good foundation that suits my skin tone. The other issue I have with my skin is pink/red blotches. Whenever I go out  for tea or just to the pub with my friends, if it's a warm place my face always gets really red - and alcohol makes it worse. Usually just my cheeks, chin and nose. It doesn't cause any discomfort but I feel really embarrassed when it does and it really affects my self confidence.

One day when I was out shopping, my mum suggested I try asking the ladies at the Clinique counter what they could suggest as most foundations just didn't help my skin. I was shown the entire redness solution range they offered and they even sat with me and applied it all on my face for me!

I LOVE this foundation. No more blushing or flushing worries. The shade I use is 03 - 'calming ivory', which matches my skin perfectly. I doubt i'll ever use another foundation now i've discovered this. 


^ Sleek MakeUp Face Form - Contouring and Blush Palette:

This is something i've been looking at for a LONGGG time. I've seen a few YouTube videos of people raving over the Sleek MakeUp range so popped down to Boots to check them out. I own a eyeshadow pallet of theirs and found the colours to be AMAZING - very pigmented and bright and so easy to blend. At the moment I just always use a bronzer, but I hate the shimmery feeling on my cheeks. 

At the moment i've only used this once but I love it. The highlighter is perfect for under my eyebrows as well as above my my cheek bones. This shade is in light as I felt it fitted my skin tone more, plus I like to be able to build up on a dark colour more than just sticking it on dark and hoping for the best. Once I get to use it more i'll be able to get a better idea, but from first impressions i'm very happy. 


 ^ Real Techniques Expert Face Brush:

I've always had a love-hate relationship with foundation brushes. A few years ago I always just used my hands to blend it into my face, but since visiting the Clinique counter and getting my redness solutions makeup have I converted to brushes. The lady on the Clinique counter was the one who told me to try using brushes as my fingers might be too heavy and contributing to the red skin on my face *shrugs* i'm not entirely sure how true that was, but I still prefer a brush to fingers.

Anyway - since then I always used flat brushes (the ones that look like paint brushes) but i've gone off them. It always felt like I was literally painting the foundation onto my face, instead of blending it. 

This brush is flawless. I know you see it all over the place now, but I understand now. The foundation now feels light on my skin and I don't have that weird 'cakey' feeling that I got with flat brushes. This is my new favourite brush. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments